The Haringey Sports Development Trust was established to advance the education of young persons at schools in the London Borough of Haringey and surrounding areas by ensuring that due attention is given to physical development and to assist in the organisation and provision of facilities, which will enable and encourage participation in physical recreation and sport:
- In the interests of social welfare to organise or provide facilities for recreation for persons resident in the London Borough of Haringey and surrounding areas with the object of improving their conditions of life;
- To undertake or sponsor research and to promulgate the usual results thereof;
- To coordinate and work with other agencies or bodies having similar aims and encourage the provision and development of appropriate support and educational services;
- To present, promote, organise, provide, manage and produce, production, films, broadcasts, concerts, musical pieces, entertainments, exhibitions, tutorials, seminars, courses and workshops, whether on any premises of the company or elsewhere;
- To procure to be written, printed, published and issued gratuitously or otherwise such papers, books, pamphlets or other documents as shall further the above objects.